Thursday, June 01, 2006

Prediction = Lobster Fondue

We are now aunts/uncles again!
A's stepbrother D and his wife M are now the proud parents of an as-yet-unnamed little girl. I so knew she was having a girl. After all she's been through (4 miscarriages and giving up on being able to have babies altogether), this baby truly is a blessing and I couldn't be more thrilled for her!!! Plus, they needed a girl in that family to balance Joy's three boys. I can't wait to hear what they name her!!

My father-in-law sounded like he had happy tears when he just called, but I couldn't talk because of my client call. I look forward to talking to him tonight and finding out all about this new little girl!!

So my lovely husband and I have a bet going… I bet that tonight will be the night that A's Dad just can't hold in his joy and asks the big question… "So, when are YOU guys having kids!" -OR- he will declare that "now it's your turn!!"

If his dad does this, I get dinner at Red Lobster on Sunday. If he does NOT, A gets to choose the destination. It's a silly bet because it's not like we have different tastes in restaurants, it's just the principle of the thing.

I guarantee it, that his dad will be so overcome with emotion that he won't be able to help himself. Yay for games!!

We'll probably just go with the standard "kids aren't even on our roadmap right now" plan (it's not a lie, we're just omitting the "or ever"…) We don't want to dilute his joy right now. I've just long suspected that the birth of M's baby would take the subject off the "taboo" list (don't want to jinx anything because it's been such a difficult pregnancy for her). Now that little baby girl is here safe and sound, though, I think it will begin. As soon as the shower it had sort of started, but I think now it starts for real.

I hope I'm wrong. Of course it's natural to ask about it; I wouldn't expect them not to. I hope they just respect that it's our business and take what we say and accept it without the pressure that his elder stepsister's already started applying. They're a family of busybodies, though, and I doubt that will happen.

No comments: